The Ministry of Home Affairs has issued Standard Operating Procedures for travel by train. This comes a day after the government allowed the Indian Railways to restart passenger service operations in a graded manner.
Following this, the Indian Railways will be opening bookings of tickets for select special trains. Bookings will open today, 11th May 2020, at 4 pm on the IRCTC website.
Key features from the Ministry of Home Affairs SOP:
- Only passengers with confirmed e-tickets will be allowed to enter station premises
- Movement to and from the railway station will be allowed on the basis of the e-ticket held by the passenger.
- All passengers will be screened for symptoms at the station.
- Only asymptomatic passengers will be allowed to travel.
- Passengers will have to wear face masks at all times.
- Passengers will have to observe all social distancing guidelines on the train.
Here is the detailed circular issued by the ministry.