Besides, Parel station is an important interchange point between the Central and Western Railway, the other two being Dadar and Mahim on Mumbai suburban.
Key facilities at Parel Terminus:
- Terminating line along with double discharge platform
- One new platform 1 (Down slow) & 2 (Terminus line)
- Widening of existing platform 2A (Terminus line) & 3 (UP slow)
- Flooring and Cover over platform at both platforms
- 12-meter-wide new East-West FOB
- Staircase and lifts on both the island platforms from 12-meter-wide new FOB
- Escalator at new island platforms 1 & 2
- Staircase landing on new platform 1 & 2 from existing FOBs at Kalyan end.
- Two stabling lines between Parel and Dadar for EMU local trains
Services from Parel
Sixteen pairs of local trains will originate and terminate at the Parel terminus post its inauguration on March 4, instead of Dadar. The details are as under:
Image Courtesy: Link