Shri Piyush Goyal, Hon’ble Minister for Railways, Govt of India, made a slew of passenger friendly announcements at a function to inaugurate a part of the Obulavaripalli Venkatachalam new railway line by Shri Venkaiah Naidu, Vice President of India at Nellore today.
The Railway Minister announced that remaining works on the new sector would be completed at the earliest, and tunneling works being undertaken by RVNL will be expedited. He also announced introduction of a new passenger train on the Rapur-Venkatachalam section by the 25th Feb.
Other important announcements include :
- 11019/20 Mumbai CST – Bhubaneswar Konark express to be given a halt at Pithapuram from the 21.02.2019
- 20889/20890 Howrah – Vijayawada Humsafar express to be extended till Tirupati from 24.02.2019
- 68433/68434 Cuttack – Brahmapur passenger to be extended till Ichapuram from 03.03.2019
- 58525/58526 Visakhapatnam – Palasa passenger to be extended to Brahmapur from 03.03.2019
- 11017/11018 Mumbai LTT – Karaikal weekly express to halt at Rajampeta from 24.02.2019
- Frequency of 17215/17216 Vijayawada – Dharmavaram express to be made daily from triweekly from 22.02.2019
- 77673/77674 Kacheguda – Miryalguda passenger to be extended till Nadikude from 23.02.2019
- A new intercity express train between Vijayawada and Gudur would be introduced via the new Venkatachalam Obulavaripalli line once the line is fully operational.
Shri Piyush Goyal also urged South Central Railway to strive to get the first position in the third party audit to be conducted in 2019. He also urged that development of Aadarsh stations should be done soon and that provision of security measures like CCTV cameras at stations and inside trains be expedited.