Western and Central Railway are set to add more local train services for essential workers starting 29th June.
Both zones had earlier begun local train services in Mumbai for essential workers at the request of the state government.
So far, over 7.2 lakh passengers are estimated to have used Western Railway’s local train services since the restart, earning the zone 72 lakh rupees over the period.
Details of Western Railway Service Increases from 29th June 2020
With effect from 29.06.2020, WR will add 40 additional suburban services to the existing 162 services currently plying on WR’s Mumbai Suburban section. Therefore, now total 202 services will be running on WR’s suburban section.
The break up of the 40 additional services is as under :-
1) Twenty slow services between CCG-BVI ( 10 in UP direction+ 10 in down direction.
2) Two slow services between BVI- BSR in down direction.
3) Two fast services from BSR – CCG in UP direction.
4) Two slow services in UP direction between VR- BVI .
5) 14 fast services between CCG- VR ( 8 in Down direction and 6 in UP direction).
Timetable of new services in the PDF file below