Western Railway’s target for Non – Fare Revenue earnings is ₹.99.50 Cr. and NFR Earnings for Western Railway up to December 2019 stood at ₹. 67.65 Cr., i.e. 68% of WR’s target has been achieved and this earning is 88.63% above last year’s actual earnings for the corresponding period.
Indian Railways is primarily a public transporter engaged in activity of transportation of people & materials from one place to another within the country.
The fares charged by Railways for transporting people are subsidized and to recover the costs involved, Railways has to resort to other miscellaneous revenue earnings. Such earnings are called Non-Fare Revenues (NFR). This year the Non – Fare Revenue target for Indian Railways has been set at ₹.500.50 Cr out of which the share of Western Railway is ₹.99.50 Cr. which is 20% of the IR target.
According to a press release issued by Shri Ravinder Bhakar – Chief Public Relations Officer of Western Railway, Railway Board has set by the target for Western Railway by enhancing the last year’s actual NFR earnings by 40%, which stood at ₹. 71.07 Cr.
It is worth mentioning that the NFR Earnings for Western Railway upto December, 2019 is ₹. 67.65 Cr., i.e. 68% of WR’s target has been achieved and this earning is 88.63% above last year’s actual earnings for the corresponding period. This has been possible due to various positive & collective efforts by all the six divisions of Western Railway. Out of the total share of NFR target of W. Rly, Mumbai Division occupies the highest share which is ₹.78.83 Cr., i.e 79.25% of W. Rly’s target.
It is noteworthy to mention herewith that the NFR Earnings for Mumbai Division upto December 2019 is ₹. 58.13 Cr. which is commendable as it is 89.33% above last year’s actual for same period and also with respect to the fact that 73.74% of the stipulated target has also been achieved. With earnings of 58.13 Mumbai Division has also contributed to 86% of the total earnings of WR (₹. 67.65 Cr.).
These results have been made possible due to the various out of the box ideas and initiatives adopted by Western Railway, which are as under:
INNOVATIVE IDEAS/STEPS/GOOD WORK DONE BY MUMBAI DIVISION OF W. RLY:
- OYO Hotels have set up kiosk at Surat station which will fetch ₹.5.65 lakhs.
- 3D Hologram fans at stations over Mumbai division have been finalized with earnings of ₹. 4.10 lakhs p.a.
- YOLO Health ATM at Churchgate, Mumbai Central, Dadar, Borivali & Andheri stations will fetch ₹.6 lakhs p.a.
- Contract for “Micro Warehouse” at 8 stations, i.e. Churchgate, Bandra, Andheri Goregaon, Borivali, Bhayander, Vasai Rd, Surat with license fees of ₹.16 lakhs for 1 year under Innovative policy. This will give major relief to suburban passengers in terms of pick up and drop facility for items purchase online or otherwise
- Installation of Illuminated Glow sign Lollypop sitting arrangement at Andheri station at 5 locations with 500 sq. ft. with an earning of ₹. 6.25 lakh p.a.
- Vertical garden at Churchgate station building exterior which is a first of its kind over IR amounting to ₹. 10 lakh p.a.
- Projector mapping at Churchgate station ₹. 6 lakh p.a.
- Interactive screen at Entry/Exits of Andheri station ₹. 12.12 lakhs pa.
- Contract for wall paintings along tracks CCG – VR over Mumbai Division with contract value ₹. 30.03 lakhs pa for 5 year
INNOVATIVE IDEAS/STEPS/GOOD WORK DONE BY OTHER DIVISIONS OF W. RLY:
- Kiosk for demonstration of products at Ahmedabad station for OYO rooms with value of ₹.10.50 lakh p.a. (Ahmedabad Division)
- Contract for On Board shopping for a period of 3 months in Ashram Express and Rajdhani Express train amounting to ₹ 1.50 lakh p.a. (Ahmedabad Division)
- Contract for On Board shopping has been finalized for 3 months in Karnavati Express and Double Decker train amounting to ₹.1.32 lakhs p.a. (Ahmedabad Division)
- Installation of 12 mobile charging point at Indore (08), Ujjain (02) & Ratlam (02) railway stations finalized with an earning of ₹.1.28 lakh p.a. (Ratlam Division)
- Proposal for Saloon parlour at Ahmedabad station finalized which will fetch ₹. 1.40 lakh p.a. (Ahmedabad Division)
- Two Showcases with vertical garden at Main Entry Exit gate of P/F No.4 at Ratlam Station finalized which will fetch ₹. 21 thousand p.a. (Ratlam Division)
- Advertisement on Coach Handles finalized amounting to ₹. 1.02 lakh over Ratlam Division.
- Advertisement on sitting area with 20% railway slogans finalized amounting to ₹.3.20 lakh p.a over Ratlam Division.
- Contract for advertisement through vinyl wrapping/radium pasting at sitting area of passengers in Booking hall, PRS hall, Train handles & Entry/Exit gate of all the coaches of all trains by Ratlam Division finalised for ₹. 4 lakh p.a.
- On Board Shopping in 24 trains over Ratlam Division will fetch ₹.6 lakh p.a.
OTHER NOTABLE HIGH VALUE TENDERS OF MUMBAI DIVISION OF W. RLY:
- Hoardings tender for Khar to Kandivili total contract value of ₹.41.77 Cr for five years has been finalized (Annual value ₹.7.85 Cr.)
- Hoardings tender for Dadar to Bandra with total contract value of ₹.22.42 Cr for five years has been finalized (Annual value ₹.4.21 Cr).
- Hoardings tender for Charni Rd & Grant Rd with total contract value of ₹.21.07 Cr for five years has been finalized (Annual value ₹.3.96 Cr.)
- Publicity within station premises tender for Mira Road station with a total contract value of ₹.3.29 Cr. for five years has been finalized (Annual value ₹.61 Lakh p.a).