Indian Railways has decided that the Beta version of Rail Madad along with the integrated helpline numbers 139 and 182 will be the only point of contact with Railway authorities for complaints & grievances going forward.
Rail Madad will also act as the central point for all other channels that passengers use to reach out to Indian Railways.
All other numbers will be discontinued from 1st January 2020.
The numbers to be discontinued are:
Catering services: 1800111321
SMS complaints: 97176-30982
General Complaints: 138
Clean my Coach: 58888 and 138
All the above helplines are now subsumed by 139 and help for them can be availed of by simply calling 139.
Following necessary instructions have been issued to all Zonal Railways by the Railway Board
- Publicity of all helplines except (139 & 182) and CoMS (Complaint Management System) on all media should be stopped herewith.
- All other helpline numbers except 139, 182 and Rail Madad on traditional and social media, tickets (e-tickets, window tickets), stickers on coaches/stations, SMS etc should stop.
- Stickers on coaches and signages on stations should feature only 139, 182 and Rail Madad.
- SMS sent by IRCTC & CRIS to passengers should feature only 139, 182 & Rail Madad.
- Zones should not proliferate any new helpline numbers.