Regardless of ongoing Covid-19 crisis, North Central Railway has scaled new heights in safe and efficient train operations by achieving highest ever punctuality of 94%, improved freight loading of 1.43 million tonnes, increased average speed of goods trains of 40 Kmph plus in June-2020. Apart from very high level of operating discipline this rare feat could be achieved only due to immaculate maintenance of assets like tracks, rolling stock, OHE, signaling, locomotives etc.
On the front of permanent way maintenance which forms the backbone of safe train operations 8147 kms ultrasonic testing of rails was done to detect any internal flaw not visible to naked eyes and 54 Kms track length has been renewed on NCR till June-20. Running of track recording cars using oscillation monitoring system has been done for 21953 Kms to ascertain riding quality of track and identified locations by this track recording equipment were given requisite maintenance inputs besides tamping of 718 Kms track utilizing modern heavy duty track machines for improved running of trains.
NCR has highest network of 130 Kmph fit track among all zonal Railways and runs more than 100 trains at 130 kmph or higher speeds during normal train operation times. Besides ensuring safety related maintenance of track, Permanent Way Engineers of this railway also completed following long term improvement works with all Covid-19 related precautions:
· e-DAS (Electronic Drawing Approval System ) has been implemented in North Central Railway. Drawings and plans from divisions are now being approved using this online tool.
· By timely compliance of all important observations of CRS, sectional speed of Gaziabad-Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhyay section has been raised to 130 kmph.
· Maximum Permissible Sectional speed of Manikpur to Link Jn. Section (DN Line) of Prayagraj Division has been raised from 100 kmph to 110 kmph during June 2020.
· 02 permanent speed restrictions have been removed in Tundla yard and Daudkhan yard for improved train running in Prayagraj div ision.
· 04 Manned level crossings in Jhansi-Manikpur section and one each in Bayana-Jamuna Bridge and Agra-Palwal section have been closed in June-2020. Total 07 LCs are closed this year and one each ROB and RUB has been commissioned.
· Important works for yard layout corrections by removal of old misalignments etc. were completed in Bhandai , Fulera and Baad stations of Agra division and Bina- Manikpur section, Lalitpur and Khajuraho yards of Jhansi division to improve speed and riding quality at these locations .
· More than 1.25 lakh meter cube earth work and Construction of 02 minor bridges in Lalitpur- Bina 3rd line project.
· Work for raising of platform level for safe boarding and deboarding of passengers completed at Mathura Jn., Baad and Nivari stations of Agra division.
· Major yard remodeling work at Kanpur through laying 08 new turnouts and replacement of existing 52 kg 04 nos. diamond crossing with 60 kg rail section at Tundla station could be completed with least disruption to traffic.