As per the directives of Railway Board, the facility of tourist tickets is introduced in Chennai Suburban area of Southern Railway. The tourist tickets with one/three/five-day validity will be issued at UTS Booking counters across Chennai Suburban. The details are given below:
The tourist tickets will be valid for travel in all the four Chennai Suburban sections of Southern Railway, namely, Chennai Beach – Tambaram- Chengalpattu section, Chennai Beach/MMC – Tiruvallur section, Chennai Beach/MMC – Gummidipoondi section and Chennai Beach – Velachery MRTS section.
Salient features of Suburban Tourist tickets
· Ministry of Railways has rationalized tourist ticket fare in suburban services all over Indian Railways.
· The tourist tickets will be valid for one day in case of One-day tickets, 3 days in case of 3-day tickets and 5 days in case of 5-day tickets to travel any number of times, from any station to any station on the respective suburban section of Indian Railways in which it is held. The tickets will be valid up to mid-night of their date of validity. The date/dates and period of validity will be mentioned on each ticket.
· These tickets can be availed 3 days in advance, excluding the first day of validity.
· No concession shall be admissible on such tickets.
· No refund shall be admissible on unused/partially used tourist tickets purchased on the first day of the journey. However, tourist tickets booked in advance can be cancelled after deducting clerkage charges applicable ( Existing rate of Clerkage charges is Rs.30 for Second Class and Rs.60 for First Class) Such cancellation is permitted only before the first day of validity.
· Period of validity of Tourist tickets cannot be increased under any circumstances.
· Tourist tickets can be availed by foreign tourists also.
· The above guidelines are effective from 20.12.2019.