On 3rd February, 2020, 5.5 lakh passengers used the UTS App to buy tickets which is 11.03% of the total suburban travellers on that day
Western Railway has made UTS on mobile app available for non-suburban as well as suburban stations. This mode of ticketing has become a hit amongst the rail passengers with more & more people switching to Mobile App which is reflected in the impressive comparative figures. It is worth mentioning that on 3rd February, 2020, 5.5 lakh passengers were booked through UTS App which accounts to 11.03% of the total suburban passengers travelled on that day on WR’s suburban section i.e. 50,28,043. During the month of November 2018, the average active users per day were 1.24 lakh and now it has increased to 3.39 lakhs in January 2020.
According to Shri Ravinder Bhakar – Chief Public Relations Officer of Western Railway, the main objective of introducing UTS Mobile App is to encourage digital ticketing mode, to promote self-ticketing and to ensure that passengers can buy tickets without facing the ordeal of queues. Western Railway exhorts its valuable commuters to patronize the use of UTS Mobile Ticketing App to avail the enhanced benefits attached with their use. For this, Western Railway has carried out rigorous campaigns across stations to educate and inform commuters about the utility and benefits (including 5% bonus on every recharge amount). Students from various colleges were also roped in to create awareness about UTS App.
In this series participation from students of various colleges also roped in. Western Railway has taken various steps to popularize the use of modern ticketing modes and will continue to achieve this important object.
Some of the Salient Features of UTS App:
1. Easy to download from Google Play Store, iOS or Windows app store free of cost.
2. All unreserved and season tickets can be booked.
3. Simplified App with ‘Quick booking’ option.
4. Options for both paperless and paper ticket (through ATVM or booking window) available.
5. Ticket payments can be easily made through inbuilt “R-Wallet” or through Paytm, Mobikwik, Freecharge.
6. “R-Wallet” can be easily recharged from all non-suburban UTS booking windows as well as online on website www.utsonmobile.indianrail.gov.in through any Debit card, Net Banking and UPI mode.