Sixteen pairs of trains belonging to the East Central Railway (ECR) will be upgraded under the Project Utkrisht Scheme.
In a statement, ECR said that the scheme will be implemented in two phases. In the first phase, Patna Kota express, Dhanbad Alappuzha express and the Barauni Lucknow express will be upgraded.
The next phase will include upgradation of Rajendranagar Howrah express, South Bihar express, Shramjeevi express, Patliputra Chandigarh express, Patliputra Yeswantpur express, Ganga Damodar express, Sapt Kranti express, Barauni Gondia express, Muzaffarpur Yeswantpur express, Darbhanga Howrah express, Bagmati express, Poorabiya express and Satyagraha express.
What is Project Utkrisht?
- The project entails upgradation of coaches including toilets in specified rakes of existing trains.
- Dustbins in non-AC coaches, health faucets in all coaches, in addition to mug with chain arrangement is provided.
- IR plans to install bio-toilets in its entire broad gauge (BG) fleet of coaches by 2019.
- Also included are mechanised toilet cleaning at stations and periodical cleaning of coach toilets, doorways, aisles and passenger compartments during the run of trains by on-board housekeeping staff.
- Cleanliness complaint redressal is being done through the Coach Mitra service while better quality bed linen is being provided thanks to the 57 mechanised laundries across IR.
- Finally, the project also includes regular pest control treatment and rodent control treatment of coaches.