Western Railway added over a million active users on its UTS mobile app during the last 10 months, the zonal officials said a statement. The app is used for booking unreserved tickets on Mumbai’s local trains. The zone saw an increase in number of people using its app from 7.96 lakh to over 18.58 lakh, a rise of over a million people.
As many as 29,847 tickets itself were sold through UTS app on January 25, 2019 which was higher than the average ticket sales for December 2018 (22,576 tickets per day).
Features of UTS App:
- All unreserved and season tickets can be booked.
- Simplified App with ‘Quick booking’ option.
- Options for both paperless and paper ticket (through ATVM or booking window) available.
- Dedicated Customer Care no.138.
- Ticket payments can be easily made through inbuilt “R-Wallet” or through Paytm, Mobikwik, Freecharge.
- “R-Wallet” can be recharged from all non-suburban UTS booking windows as well as online on www.utsonmobile.indianrail.gov.in through debit cards, net banking and UPI.