Total earnings of Rs. 5,925 lakhs garnered for the period April – Nov 2019, thereby registering an increase of 180% as compared to the corresponding period in the last financial year.
Western Railway has made UTS on the mobile app available for non-suburban as well as suburban stations. This mode of ticketing has become a hit amongst the rail passengers with more & more people switching to Mobile App which is reflected in the impressive comparative figures.
The total tickets sold through Mobile App has massively increased from 34 lakh during the period from April – Nov in the financial year 2018 – 19 to 93.8 lakh during the same period in the financial year 2019-20. It is worth mentioning that 626.50 lakh passengers were booked through UTS Mobile App during the current financial year for the period from April – Nov which is 184% more than the corresponding period last year and has resulted in total earnings of Rs. 5925 lakhs, which is also an increase of 180% as compared to last year.
According to a press release issued by Shri Ravinder Bhakar – Chief Public Relations Officer of Western Railway, the main objective of introducing UTS Mobile App is to encourage digital ticketing mode, to promote self ticketing and to ensure that passengers can buy tickets without facing the ordeal of queues.
Western Railway exhorts its valuable commuters to patronize the use of UTS Mobile Ticketing App to avail the enhanced benefits attached with their use. Western Railway has taken various steps to popularize the use of modern ticketing modes and will continue to achieve this important object. In this regard, various promotional campaigns are being organized at important railway stations by Western Railway.
Some of the Salient Features of UTS App:
1. Easy to download from Google Play Store, iOS or Windows app store free of cost.
2. All unreserved and season tickets can be booked.
3. Simplified App with ‘Quick booking’ option.
4. Options for both paperless and paper ticket (through ATVM or booking window) available.
5. Dedicated Customer Care no.138.
6. Ticket payments can be easily made through inbuilt “R-Wallet” or through Paytm, Mobikwik, Freecharge.
7. “R-Wallet” can be easily recharged from all non-suburban UTS booking windows as well as online on website www.utsonmobile.indianrail.gov.in through any Debit card, Net Banking and UPI mode.