SHRI SURESH C ANGADI, HON’BLE MOSR & SHRI PRALHAD JOSHI, MINISTER FOR PARLIAMENT AFFAIRS, COAL AND MINES CONVENES MEETING OF LOCAL MPS AND MLAS WITH GM SWR AT RAIL SOUDHA, SOUTH WESTERN RAILWAY HEADQUARTERS.
Shri Suresh C Angadi, Hon’ble MoSR and Shri Pralhad Joshi, Union Minister for Parliament Affairs, Coal and Mines today convened a meeting of MPs and MLAs with Shri Ajay Kumar Singh, GM/SWR, Principal Heads of the Departments, Shri Arvind Malkhede, DRM/UBL and other senior Railway officers from Headquarters and Hubballi Division at Rail Soudha, South Western Railway Headquarters to discuss the issues related to Railway in their constituency.
The following Hon’ble Members of Parliament and Members of Legislative Assembly attended the meeting
1) Shri Ramesh C. Jigajinagi, Hon’ble MP, Vijayapura
2) Shri P. C. Gaddigoudar, Hon’ble MP, Bagalkot
3) Shri Annasaheb S Jolle, Hon’ble MP, Chikodi
4) Shri Basangoud R Patil (Yatnal), Hon’ble MLA, Bijapur
5) Shri Veeranna Charantimath, Hon’ble MLA, Bagalkot
6) Shri Dhuryodhan M Aihole, Hon’ble MLA, Raybag
Railway issues pertaining to introduction of new trains, speeding up of trains, improvement in station buildings, early completion of doubling projects were few of the issues represented by Hon’ble MPs to Hon’ble MoSR. They also sought the support of Shri Pralhad Joshi, Union Minister to get necessary approval. Hon’ble MoSR directed GM/SWR, Shri Ajay Kumar Singh to take immediate action on items that are within Zonal Railway powers. For items which are out of zonal Railway powers it was directed by Hon’ble MoSR to send detailed proposal for approval of Ministry of Railway.
Some of the requests of the elected representatives were: –
1) Punctuality of Golgumbaz train to be monitored.
2) It is decided that Intercity train from Hubballi to Vijayapura to be planned in Feb.
3) Bagalkot-Kudachi new line shall be expedited and issue of land acquisition to be sorted with State Govt. 1500 Acres land is yet to be acquired.
4) Along with doubling, new station buildings and also passenger amenities such as platform extension, platform surface improvements, foot over bridge to be planned. It is informed that new station building at Bagalkot, Lakmapur and Guledgudd road are already planned.
5) Rail bus shall be restored between Bagalkot and Khajjidoni.