Infrastructure work of rebuilding of bridges including augmentation of waterway for drainage capacity at 33 locations over Central Railway were carried out during lockdown.
Out of these 33 rebuilding/augmentation bridge works, 6 were on Mumbai Division, 4 in Bhusaval Division, 3 in Nagpur Division, 9 on Pune Division and 11 on Solapur Division. The details are as under:
Central Railway has completed important bridge infrastructure works utilising the lockdown period. The quantum of work it has done would have required many traffic blocks and impact on some trains running during normal period.
· Replacement of corroded steel girders by pre-stressed concrete (PSC) slabs of Waldhuni river bridge on both up and down lines between Kalyan and Shahad stations
· Rebuilding of bridge with insertion of Reinforced Cement Concrete (RCC) boxes on Panvel-Karjat section completed in 4 days which would have taken minimum 20 days in normal traffic conditions.
· Augmentation of drainage capacity by insertion of RCC boxes at Ravli near Vadala station
· Additional waterway by insertion of RCC boxes at bridge near Tilak nagar station.
· Rebuilding of the old bridge including augmentation of drainage capacity by Micro tunnelling in Kasara Yard.
· Replacement of corroded steel girders of two bridges in Amla-Nagpur section with PSC slabs
· Rehabilitation of one bridge in Amravati-Narkher section with RCC Boxes
· Rebuilding of 4 bridges with RCC box insertion in Igatpuri-Bhusaval section
· Rebuilding of bridges with RCC boxes at 11 bridge locations in Solapur division.
· Rehabilitation of 5 bridges by RCC boxes at various locations in Pune division.
· Replacement of corroded steel girders with PSC slabs at 2 bridges in Miraj-Kolhapur section and 2 bridges in Pune-Miraj section.